Aiken House & Gardens


Carolyn Aiken from Prince Edward Island is the blogger behind Aiken House & Gardens. The mother of seven and grandmother of nine produces gorgeous aesthetics from her rural home showcasing her passion for decorating, gardening and photography. These creations have been featured in such magazines as Simply Shabbilicious, Romantic Country, The Feminine Home, Romantic Homes and Country & Country, and such books as Franciska Munck-Johansen’s Sanselig Jul and Sanselig Sommer. In 2011, The Old Painted Cottage named Aiken’s home “Cottage of the Month” for December. The native Islander has also published three books of her own: Aiken House & Gardens, Country Christmas and Afternoon Tea at Aiken House & Gardens.







Words, Designs and Photos by Carolyn Aiken

I have always enjoyed being creative. I used to sew, knit, quilt, tole paint etc. when our children were younger. 



Now, gardening, photography and decorating are my main hobbies that I enjoy sharing on my blog.

I have been inspired over the years by pouring over decorating magazines and books. Now Pinterest is a big source of inspiration and of course other bloggers.


I think what I am most proud of with my decorating is that it is all done on a smaller budget. I love finding little treasures at thrift shops, yard sales etc. and often giving them a makeover. 


Since, I started blogging I have “met” many other bloggers who share my same interests. Some, I have met in person but many just through emails etc. Just the other day a fellow gardener/photographer sent me a copy of her own beautiful book all the way from Norway!



If I could have tea with any three different people other then
my lovely tea time friends here, it would have been Tasha Tudor if she was still living. But since she is not, it would be Toshi Otsuki my favorite photographer (Victoria magazine), and Helen Fredholm, my kindred spirit in Norway, and June from the blog Laughing with Angels, another kindred spirit.

You can visit me at Aiken House & Gardens: http://warrengrovegarden.blogspot.ca

Popular Posts